Terrariums are very easy to make. You need just a few materials and a collection of treasures to make it enchanting.
Materials we used :
- Glass jar
- Activated carbon (craft, pet or hardware store)
- Small pebbles (craft or hardware store)
- Moss (garden shop)
- Cutesy accessories to make it magical (toadstool, blue marbles, tiny pine cone and a feather butterfly)
- Assemble your materials
- Add a layer of activated carbon to your glass jar. The carbon keeps the bacterial levels in your terrarium to a minimum. If you are going to be sealing your terrarium with a lid, add the carbon layer on top of the stones… it’ll help to keep the roots of the moss healthy.
- Add a layer of stones. The stones ensure good drainage.
- Add the moss. Usually, store-bought moss has a thick layer of soil under it. I usually thin this layer out as moss doesn’t need much soil. Water your garden sparingly.
- Add your little treasures and VOILA! The cutest little terrarium ever.
For more craft ideas, visit www.themagiconions.com