NCGW Things to do
Heads gone wild
Grow yourself some crazy green hair
Here’s what you’ll need!
Shopping list for your local garden centre:
Some pots or containers
Some grass or cress seeds (or other plants like salad that you want to see grow out of your heads!)
Some multi-purpose compost
Stickers, glue, pens, or glitter to make faces on your pots
- Draw or paint some faces onto your pot. Or glue a photo of you or your friend’s face onto the pot. Make sure your faces don’t have any hair on the top of them.
- Fill your pots with the compost.
- Put the seeds into compost.
- Water the seeds. Be careful not to get water onto the faces on the pot!
- Make sure the soil stays wet, and watch as crazy green hair grows out of your head. When it’s long enough, try giving it a hair cut!